Website Building For Kids
The advent of the world wide web is perhaps the most important technological development that had taken place in the past few decades, and it has provided a great avenue for children to gain knowledge and learn new skills. The Internet has become an essential part of many people’s lives, because it makes it possible for people to perform business transactions and work duties, improve their knowledge, take part in recreational activities, and make new friends without leaving their homes. As such, it is beneficial for children to learn how to work with the Internet at an early age.
According to Internet World Stats, there are close to 2 billion Internet users in the world today, and this amounts to about 28 % of the world population. This number is expected to rise in the future, because more than 40% of teenagers in the US are Internet users. There are presently millions of websites on the Internet, and they serve many different purposes, ranging from providing information and entertainment to selling products. Parents and educators should teach children how to create their own websites, so that they can learn computer skills that can be beneficial to them later on in life. Children who know how to build their own websites can perform a wide range of useful tasks in the future, such as starting online businesses and creating information portals to educate people about certain fields of interest.
Nonetheless, parents and educators should be aware that the Internet contains materials that are not suitable for children. Before they allow their kids to go online, they should explain both the benefits and dangers of the Internet. Some of the measures that they can take to ensure safe surfing include placing the computer in an open area, teaching their kids not to go to pornographic sites and chat rooms and give out personal information, and sharing their kids’ Internet experiences. Also, they should not have peer-to-peer applications on their computers, because these applications give children access to immoral and illegal materials.
- How to Make a Web Page: Kids can learn how to make a web page by following these steps.
- Building School Website: This website provides instructions on how to create a school website.
- How to Build a Website: Simple instructions for creating a website.
- Create a Content Website: A tutorial that shows kids how to build a content website.
- Website Building Tips: Useful tips for kids who want to start their own websites.
- Web Design for Kids: A resource page with links to web design tips for children.
- HTML for Kids: Step-by-step tutorial that can help children learn simple HTML.
- The Isle of HTML: A game that teaches children the basics of web design.
- Understanding CSS: Kids can understand the basics of CSS in this website.
- DoodleKit: Free kid-friendly website builder from DoodleKit.
- Web Building Tools: Reviews of various web building tools for kids.
- Free Web Templates: A number of free web template kits for children.
- Pros and Cons of Internet: Studies show that the Internet offers both benefits and risks for children.
- The Internet Today: Find out the effects of the Internet on kids by reading this article.
- Wired Safety: A leading resource for information on Internet safety and education.
- Internet Safety: Parents can learn about the various tools and methods that they can use to make the Internet safe for their children.
- Parent’s Internet Safety Guide: Comprehensive guide to Internet safety from the FBI.
- Search Engines for Kids: List of search engines that are specifically designed for kids.