System Update - March 15, 2014
Several new and updated designs and layouts have been added to the system.
Custom design generator
Use the custom design generator to create a clean/fresh design for your site. Choose from several layouts and customize the logo/menu bar configuration. You can create centered layouts as well as full page layouts.
Several updates have been made to the page editor. The component move feature and alignment options have been updated to make it easier to make page updates.
It is now easier to upload and edit images while editing your page. With any image/paragraph component, move the mouse over an image and click the edit icon. You can resize/edit the photo or click the photo icon on the left side of the options window to upload a new image.
From the page properties design/menu tab, you can now set the page background. This feature allows you to easily set a different background on different pages.
Long form/single page website
Easily create long form pages with full page width sections. Add custom backgrounds and colors to sections. Customize the menu to link to other site pages or to scroll down to sections on the page.
Custom page layouts
With the new custom page, you can setup your own page structure. Set the number of sections in each of the rows on the page. To add a custom page, click the add page button and then click the custom page type. To change the page configuration, go to the page properties and click the layout tab. Then click the customize button beneath the custom page type. You can also change an existing page to use a custom layout by going to the page properties, layout tab.
Photo gallery wall
Use the photo gallery wall display to add a pinterest style photo display to your website. Add a photo wall by editing any page and click the add button. Choose photo wall from the images menu. Or you can convert an existing gallery by editing the gallery. Click the change style button and choose photo wall.
Display Instagram photos using the photo gallery components. Edit a photo gallery, click the Instagram button and enter an Instagram account name.
When working with images, you can now choose to add graphic icons to your web pages. Customize the icon color, size and layout. To add an icon, go to any image component and click the select icon link.
Mobile (Responsive Mobile Site)
There is now an option to include your websites sub menu pages for your responsive mobile website navigation. To use the option, go to the mobile website configuration page. Click mobile design settings and then click the "Page nav buttons" options until "home/submenu" is selected.
Click to call: A new option for a click to call icon has been added to the mobile navigation bar. When you enter a phone number in the mobile settings the click to call icon will appear on your mobile website.
Website Blog Feed component
Easily add your latest blog updates to any page with the blog feed.
TaxCloud - automated sales tax calculation/management
Support has been added for TaxCloud. TaxCloud is a free, easy-to-use sales tax management service for retailers. Use TaxCloud to automatically calculate sales tax in real time for every state, county, city, and special jurisdiction in the US. To configure TaxCloud, go to your main store settings page and click the sales tax link. To signup for an acount, go to TaxCloud signup
- Guest checkout option - users can checkout without having to create an account
- Support added for 2 color swatch product option
- Paypal updated to automatically direct users to paypal after submitting an order
- Easier editing of coupon product restrictions
- Internal order payment type - used for orders where payment is already collected or for entering test orders (only available to site admin when logged into website)
- Amazon payments (beta)
Ecommerce - new reports
Customer analysis - new vs return and sales from return customers
Report of customers that purchased a specific product
- Footer columns can be set to right align
- Support for shared login accounts
- Map component now supports multiple addresses
New Site Design - January 27, 2014
We've released a new version of our website with an all new design style.
This new design is Responsive, meaning it will be more useable and consistent across all possible devices and screen sizes. This is step 1 in a plan to overhaul our site and keep it current with new technologies. Step 2 will include changes to our content and will occur over several months.
This is the 4th re-design we have done of our site since it was first launched in 2001.
System Update - October 17, 2013
Trending Design Layouts
The new trending layouts series includes clean/simple designs that can be even more extensively customized using the advanced layout builder option. The trending design layouts include designs with full screen width banner/content slider options and menu/logos overlaying the banner area.
Dynamic Sticky Menus
The sticky menu option helps make your site easier to navigate. When the sticky menu is enabled, your site main menu "sticks" to the top of the visitor's screen as they scroll and is always visible. Go to the menu tab in your Design settings to enable the sticky menu option.
Mega Menu Sub Menus
Add broader site navigation with mega menu panels that can include multi-level sub pages. With this option enabled, the regular popup sub menu is replaced with a larger menu panel. The panel can display groups of 2nd and 3rd level menu links.
For example, add a product page to your main menu and the system automatically includes links to related or sub-categories of the product to the panel.
Mega menu panels can be customized with your own images and text too.
Go to the menu tab in your Design settings to enable the mega menu option.
Cover/full image setting for banners and content
The full cover image setting for content sliders and banners enable your custom images to fill the entire screen with in the layout banner area. Your images will automatically be scaled to fill the area regardless of screen size.
Easily include an integrated feature image to each blog post. The featured image gets included automatically with each post when shared.
Social Media - Quickbar
Youtube, Instagram and Tumblr linking and icon options have been added as available Quickbar settings.
- A call for price checkbox option allows the product price to be hidden if custom quotes by phone are necessary.
- SKU IDs are now included in order details for better management.
- Alt text can now be applied for product category images.
- Quantity based pricing across product options - all product variations are combined when computing quantity discounts
Ecommerce fraud screening settings and advanced upgrade options
Block customers who make too many checkout attempts or try to use too many different credit card numbers using custom fraud screening. Upgrade to advanced fraud screening for more control to block possible fraud based on dynamic scoring and location.
Set menus/titles to upper case with one click to transform style text properly.
New System Update - July 22, 2013
User interface updates
- New icons and colors have been added to make things easier to find
- The links sidebar can now be shown or hidden to create more screen space
Mobile website (automatic/responsive)
- A new responsive mobile site option can convert your standard site for best viewing on mobile devices
- Automatic mobile optimized site (no extra editing required)
- A drop down navigation bar is now standard for auto-generated mobile sites
- More customizations to configure colors and settings
Easier photo galleries
- Automatic image sizing is now easier
- Simply set the number of columns and your gallery images are sized to fit with in the available space
- An improved audio player now works on mobile devices and IPads
- Uploaded images can now be auto-styled with custom borders, masks, or edging effects
- More new background images and graphics are now included for additional customization
- Support has been added for Stripe and PayMill payment gateways
- Updated handling of customer address changes
- Markup added to HTML product pages for enhanced search engine indexing following the schema.org protocols
- Easier access to copy page - go to page propeties and click the advanced tab
- Google plus has been added to social networking links area
- An option to send notice when a user subscribes or unsubscribes from your mailing list has been added
System Update and New Features List - February 28, 2013
- Miscellaneous user interface enhancements have been made to make things easier to locate
- MOBILE USER ACCOUNT ADMIN - Pages can now be edited using mobile devices
- Page backgrounds - The page background collection has been recaterogized
- Page backgrounds - A new interface for selecting transparent backgrounds has been finished
- Design options and selections have been simplified
- A new style settings/configuration page makes it easier to choose site wide settings
- Style combinations have been grouped to create more uniform sites
- A default groupbox background color is now available
- Advanced css settings are now available for more advanced customizations
- Background settings to control position, repeat, cover for any background image are now available
- Default title font setting for logo, titles, menu and groupboxes for faster custom setup
- Easier color configurations
- Preset color schemes for faster setup
- More new layouts and designs have been added
- Section slider component - Include component sections inside a slider component for broader customization
- The text editor has been updated to comply with newer web standards
- IE10 users now have a multi-file upload option
- Image resize tools, inline image resize
- Footer columns are now available for instant partioning of the footer
- Easily move components between page sections, groupboxes, columns and accordion components
- Photo gallery customization updates for easier linking of images
- Use menu styles for the links list component
- Blog editor adjustments have been made to allow for better blog management
- Product images are now easier managed with multi-image control directly on the product setup page
- Image sizes can now be set to defaults site wide for more uniform appearance
November 12, 2012 - Introducing the eBiz Advantage Program
The eBiz Advantage Program is a new option for businesses to get online or get a new website built for them with no upfront costs. Complete details can be found here - http://www.ebizwebpages.com/ebiz-advantage-program
August 28, 2012 - System Update & New Features Added
- New layouts
- New Google fonts
- Add individual link buttons to your pages using an integrated button builder.
Linked List Component
- Use the updated link list component to easily create linked lists with sections. The links component also supports the button styles and has a horizontal display setting.
- Use the new overlay window component to display site content in an overlay on your website.
- add text, images, components
- open on page load
- delayed open
- click link to open
To create a overlay window edit any page. Click the add button and choose the overlay window component from the design/layout menu.
- Mailing list default font setting
- IPAD text editor
- Default styles for accordion and tabs content areas
- ReCaptchaTM setting - enhanced form spam protection
It is now easier to setup your website for mobile devices. With the new mobile content options enabled, your main website pages are adjusted to fit better on mobile devices.
The mobile adjustments do not guarantee that all pages will fit on mobile, but it can help your site work better on mobile devices. Your content is adjusted by stacking page sections instead of displaying them side by side. Other multi-column areas are displayed vertically as well.
To enable main website mobile display, go to the mobile settings area.
May 5, 2012 - System Update & New Features Added
- Mobile settings for redirecting directly to mobile site
- Content rotator day of week
- Updated admin pages
- Updated file upload user interface
- New layouts/design options
- Date formatting for blog comments
- Image resize - the source image is saved for a period of time after upload so the size can more easily be adjusted
- Content slider - easier navigation between slides when editing
- FTP changes - ftp password, FTP over TLS support, restricted access
- New shopping cart buttons
- Pinterest support
- Australian tax display updates
- Reward editing add/modify/delete
- FedEx Web Service Freight
- Shipping add on pricing options
- PayFuse Gateway, NAB Transact
February 15, 2012 - System Update & New Features Added
Use the new design explorer to experiment with different design options before making them live on your site. To use the design explorer, go to the design manager and click the design explorer link.
eCommerce Order Processing
Several enhancements have been made to ecommerce order processing. These enhancements are designed to make the order processing features easier to access.
Quick Access Order Menu
Each order in the order manager now has a small drop down arrow that provides quick access to common order processing functions. You no longer need to view the order to access functions like email notifications and order printing.
Order Status Icon
- View order
- Send email to customer
- Order notes/status
- Print invoice
- Print packing slip
From the order notes page, you can now set an order status color. The status color is displayed on each line of the order manager. The order status color can be used for any purpose. Ex. set an order to "blue" to indicate that you need to follow up with the customer.
When the order status icon is clicked the order notes are displayed. This allows you to see order notes directly from the main order list.
Customer Email Quick Messages
Using quick messages, pre-defined (stock) emails/messages can be sent to customers. These stock messages make it easy for you to send order status updates or other information to customers.
Instead of typing a new message for each email, simply select a message from the list and click send.
To create a new message, go to the email page for an order. Select a message from the drop down list or select the option to create a new one. Each message can be customized with the customer name, address, order number and order date.
January 31, 2012 - System Update & New Features Added
Layout / Header
- 20 new design layouts have been added.
- New background textures are available.
- More color options for new designs are now possible.
- Larger design selection window to make design comparisons easier.
- Enhanced design drop down menus have been included for quicker access to design features.
- Default style selections are now available for the blog system and all image galleries.
- Many new fonts added in the text & styles area.
- CSS subpage menus now default with slide down animation.
- Settings are now available to control the default padding and spacing for groupboxes.
- The Quicklinks Bar settings now include custom font and style options.
- New header options are now available for using content sliders and custom HTML in the banner area.
- Content slider adjustments - new edit slide/edit text options are available.
- The new Google maps API has been included for map component. A developer key for use is no longer required.
- Updated image gallery. Upload images directly from the page editor.
- The divider line component now includes an option to set the divider line color.
- The content slider component can now be used in the header / banner area of the website.
- The popup sub-menu navigation option now supports animated drop down menus.
- QuickEdit Bar - This small icon bar is displayed while logged into the site administration account and allows easy switching between view mode and edit mode and one click scroll to top or bottom of the site page.
Secondary account administrative users are now able to directly edit individual product settings.
August 20, 2011 - System Update & New Features Added
Changes have been made to the user accounts pages to make accounts easier to manage and access.
Switching between the user groups and user accounts view can now be done using the tabs at the top of the page. Navigation options have been added to make switching between user groups easier.
The user account details now opens in a popup for faster access. The selected user group checkboxes have been updated to make them easier to work with. A new link has been added to the user account detail page that lets you send a quick email to the user.
The site mailing list pages have been reworked to make the mailing list easier to use.
- Updated mailing list user interface.
- New email templates added (30+ new templates).
- New email templates automatically include social networking links in the template.
- Updated mailing list template user interface. You can now preview a template before selecting it.
New option to set the email "from" display name as well as a tracking code for the email. The tracking code is automatically added to links in your email. This allows you to track the effectiveness of your newsletters.
New options at the top of the form builder make it easier to enable the contact DB and mailing list features on the form. The form builder user interface has been updated. There were a lot of options on the page which can make the form builder a bit confusing to configure. Some options have been moved into settings tabs.
The social networking sharing icons now include the Google +1 button and LinkedIn buttons. You also now have the option to hide/display both the social widget buttons or the social icons. A new option to send a Tweet from with in the admin has been added to the marketing area. The blog manager has a direct link to send a tweet about a blog post.
Edit Tabs [Experimental Preview]
This updates includes an experimental new site builder header. We have added an option to try out a new set of tabs at the top of the site builder to get feedback. The new set of tabs provides quick access to the new marketing/reports area as well as direct access to core ecommerce functions for store accounts. It will be easy for customers to switch between the existing tabs and the new tabs.
Website Edit Header Tabs
eCommerce Edit Header Tabs
- view site
- edit site
Marketing / Reports
- store setup
The new marketing/reports sections provides easy access to the most important marketing features that are integrated with the site builder as well as quick access to statistics, search engine submission and site guides. The core marketing features, blog, mailing list, social networking settings and twitter are all included.
Media Library Page
- The view/edit tab drop down menu now includes links to the settings pages.
- Message board no longer requires capcha when you are logged in.
- Displayable user name for message board when user accounts/login required to post messages.
- Updated mobile/browser detection for stats and mobile pages.
- The drop down tab menu for edit site now includes direct links to all of the settings pages.
- Calendar uses timezone offset.
- Site page search now includes blog posts and HTML pages.
Use the new media library page to create a sortable media list with embedded media player. Upload your audio/video files. The media library automatically creates a RSS feed/pod cast for the uploaded media.
The text editor 2.0 now allows you to easily setup H1, H2, H3 tags via the style drop down. Simple select your text and click the style drop down to apply one of the header styles.
Basic Traffic Stats
- The blog user interface has been updated.
- New option to save a blog post as a draft.
- Added support for integrating facebook comment system (enable from blog settings page).
- Blog manager now has direct links to easily send a tweet with link for new blog posts.
- Basic traffic stats are now maintained for up to 3 years (this will only include stats collected after the update is installed)
- New option to reset all your traffic stats
- New option to reset your traffic stats referrers/search engines/keywords
- Stats have been updated to be tracked in the site owners local time based on their time zone setting
NOTE: stats before this update will not reflect the correct timezone
- Ecommerce reports are now displayed in the users time zone (only applies to new orders completed after this update)
- For products that ship in their own box, you can now set the package dimensions
- New gateway (Moneris for US merchants)
May 18, 2011 - System Update - New Features Added
Animated Image Transition Effects
Animated transition effects are now available for your image galleries, image rotators, rotating banners and content slider components.
Australian eCommerce Updates
Due to a change in commerce laws in Australia, website shopping cart prices/totals must including any tax applied. To enable this option, go to the "customize fields/international" page in the Store settings and check the "Use Australian VAT tax display" box.
Product ID on Product Catalog Page
The display product ID option is now located on the General Settings page in the Store settings. With this option, the product ID will be displayed with the product name on your product site page. Two settings are available, one for the product category and another to display the product ID on the detail pages.
Social Networking Link
When the Facebook link is enabled, the Facebook like button is now included along with all your other social networking links. To configure social networking links, view your website, click the settings button and then click the social networking link on the left side of the page.
March 28, 2011 - System Update & New Features Added
Use the new content slider to setup animated content sections with your own background images and text. Visitors can use arrows or page icons to navigate between slider content sections.
Edit any page, click the add button and choose the content slider from the design/layout component section.
Google fonts directory - customize your site with new fonts
Most newer web browsers now support the ability to download fonts, giving you more control over how your site text looks. Google has setup a font directory to easily allow you to use new fonts on your website.
In the text & styles area, you can now choose from a selection of many different font styles from the Google font directory. To choose your additional fonts, click the font drop down and click the more fonts link.
Use caution when selecting additional fonts. Adding more fonts to your site can cause your site to load slower, so be sure to only select fonts that you are using on your site.
The new sidebar configuration window provides easier access to sidebar minimum width and other options. A new icon has been added to the top sidebar to open up the sidebar settings window. You can set the minimum sidebar width as well as enable/disable sidebars while editing the page.
More color layout options have been added to the design library. To view more options, go to the design library, find a design and click the color icon to preview the design in many different color schemes.
Multiple file upload (drag drop) for Chrome and Firefox
- Sidebar links mode - expandable tree format
- Sidebar links mode - display categories as section titles
- Option for full path navigation (breadcrumb links on top of all product pages)
- Easier to move products/categories in and out of the hidden products area
- Customize all labels/text for shopping cart and checkout pages
- Configure gift certificate expiration
- Customize css/style for the product sub category and links display
When using Firefox or Google Chrome, you will now be able to multi-select and upload files. This is useful for setting up photo galleries or uploading files via the file manager. The upload form also includes a drop box. You can select files form your computer and drag them to the drop box to automatically upload them to your website.
PREVIEW : Layout builder (advanced feature)
Get more control over your design with the new layout builder designs. Customize the backgrounds, margins and padding for different areas of your layout (quickbar, logo, banner, menu bar, content areas, sidebars, footer). This is an advanced feature that requires good knowledge of web design/css.
PREVIEW : Web developer tools (advanced feature)
Use the web developer tools to customize your website. This is an advanced feature that requires good knowledge of web design/css and web programming.
- Install custom template templates
- Create custom layouts for products
- Upload your own menu buttons
- Customize your menu styles, photo gallery styles and more.
October 26, 2010 - System Update & New Features Added
New layouts and background styles have been added.
The blogging system has been updated to allow you to enter a blog summary. If you have long blog posts you can enable the blog summary to be displayed on the main blog page. To enable the summary feature click the blog settings tab.
Blog RSS feed enhancements
From the blog settings page you can enable the site blog feeds. This option will add this blog feed to your main website feed. The main website feeds are seen by visitors in the browser toolbar as a clickable RSS feed icon.
Updated mobile admin pages
The mobile admin page style has been updated. The ecommerce reports have been added to the mobile admin console.
RSS feed component
The RSS feed component will display a RSS news feed from another website on your pages. You can now set the number of feed entries to be displayed. Use the customize style option to customize the feed display.
Updated text/image components. These components are now easier to edit and modify. Add captions and border colors to standard text component images.
Add social networking links to your quickbar. Setup links to your facebook and twitter pages as well as your site mailing list and RSS feed pages. The quickbar now has the option to add a Google translate drop down to your site. Visitors can switch the language they view your site in and Google will translate the site contents.
Use the social networking links component to add graphic buttons that link to your Facebook and Twitter pages. A new 3d social networking icon set has been added.
Access adwords, search engine submission and webmaster tools/site map verification.
Search - Advanced HTML
Set your preferred domain name for search engines. This option tells the search engines how to setup links to your website. You can choose the following forms... domain.com or www.domain.com
The site builder 2 store manager pages have been updated to include the product/order search field on every page. The shopping cart product detail links will now include the product name on the URL. This can help with search engine rankings and also makes it easier for visitors to identify product links.
* Option add the product name to the URL for product detail pages
* Google base export
* New gateways (Payment Gateway, RealEx Payments)
* Property on product to set product as not discountable (coupons/discounts - do not apply to product)
* New ecommerce button style
* Next/prev links have been added to the bottom of the file manager.
* The disk space usage page now displays the amount of SiteBuilder Media™ space being used.
* Drop down menu added to view tab to easily access the website and mobile website.
* Set the preferred version of your domain name (www.domain.com or domain.com) for search engine indexing (Cannonical meta tag)
* Added options for email based approval of message board posts
Account settings (site access)
From the my account page you can now manage your site availability. Click an option to set your entire website to under construction.
July 22, 2010 - New Service Plan & Increased Storage Space
A new, lower priced Ecommerce enabled service plan is now available. The service fee for this plan is $39.95 per month and includes space for up to 100 products. All other standard ecommerce features and functions are also included.
Also, the default storage space included with all accounts has been tripled. That's 3X more storage space for images, documents, and files at no additional monthly cost.
July 1, 2010 - New Features Added
Mobile website support
- Added support for advanced smartphones such as iPhone and Android devices
- Create mobile optimized pages for your website (these are pages with reduced text and graphics)
- Customize blog fonts, colors and styles.
- Set how many blog entries to display on the front page
- Form data - view form data from your website admin
- Secure forms - collect form data over a secure https connection (may require plan upgrade)
- AppDB - create a sortable/searchable data table. Customize with your own field names (may require plan upgrade)
- Social networking
- Add social networking icons to product detail pages
- Added support for Google Buzz
- Image tools: slider added to easily resize large images
- Footer styles: more options for customizing your footer style
- Image gallery/rotators: all modes now support image description display
- FireFox 3.6 - added support for enhanced file upload. This includes support for drag/drop file uploading
- Manage up to 6 different groupbox styles
- More css menu options
- Animated css/text menus
- Ecommerce rewards
- Product search in admin: can now modify product location when you click the edit link.
- Social networking links: add social networking links to your product detail pages
- Ecommerce order notes: The new append to notes button allows you to enter time stamped updates to the order notes area.
- Product link generator: links for add to cart and buy now buttons.
- Navigation: enhanced/easier navigation in the store manager for setting up products.
February 6, 2010 - New Features Added
- Setup rotating banners : load a sequence of images that automatically fade in and out for each of your page banners
- Setup text/HTML overlay on each banner image. This feature lets you customize the text on top of the banner and setup links in your banner area
- To configure rotating banners, go to the design area of the site builder. Click the header & images tab and then click the rotating images tab.
- Updated resize/crop tools (works with FireFox)
- New option to view/select images with image previews in the file manager
Text and style customization
- Center align the main menu (may require that you reslect your layout or reslect your menu style)
- Menu customizations : new option to customize the text/background colors and style for the text based menus
Tabbed accordion view
- Product display : customize the fonts, colors and style for the product catalog display
- Forms : customize the fonts, colors and style of forms on your website
- Tabbed content box : customize the font size for the tabs
This new mode for the tabbed content box displays each of the tabs as a vertical list. You can click each of the section titles to open the accordion section.
Ecommerce - product images display
The product thumbnail display has been enhanced. You now have the option to display thumbnail images directly below the main produc image. Visitors can click a thumbnail to view the image without having to open a popup window. To enable this feature go to the shopping cart settings page.
- Enhanced product thumbnail image display
- New report : sales by state
- New report : sales by country
- New report : sales by profit/cost
- MapIt - view customer location and shipping address on a map
Site builder preview - misc updates
- Misc graphic updates and adjustments
- Added drop down menu to page properties button
- Text editor 2.0 - new option to help edit text on dark and light backgrounds. The background preview link (located at the bottom of the text edit area) allows you to preview what your text will look like on dark and light backgrounds. This option does not change the background color.
- Popup calendar for date selection (blogs and events calendar)
- Misc system optimizations
- Countdown timer component
- New logos
- Updated banners
- Gradient maker (background images)
- Layout properties - updated page for selecting page width
September 26, 2009 - new Features Added
Overlay property windows
- Quicker design updates - design updates are displayed without the page needing to be reloaded
- Overlay windows in place of popup windows for design element selection
- Logo changes
- Upload/select logo while editing a page
- Logo builder is easier to use
- Easy buttons for logo upload or select from library
- Link added to access advanced logo settings
- Many new backgrounds added
- Easily change/test site backgrounds
- Many new groupbox styles added
- Easier to select and customize your groupbox styles
We are replacing many of the popup windows (browser window opens up in a new window) with quick overlay windows. The overlay windows open inside your current browser window.
We have added several new components that interact with many of the social networking websites.
Landing page/tracking pages
- Twitter feed. The twitter feed component displays the contents of a twitter feed on your website. NOTE: If twitter experiences any downtime, the page containing this component will load much slower.
- Share my site/social networking links. The share my site component adds links to many of the top social networking websites directly to any of your pages. These sites include twitter and facebook.
Create landing pages to track referrals or links from other websites. Give the landing page a tracking code. When visitors go to the page the code is tracked in the visitors session. When the visitor places an order or submits a form on your site the tracking code is included.
Mailing list tracking
With the mailing list manager any links that you add to the email will automatically have a tracking code added to the link. This tracking code will allow you to track orders and form submissions that are received from visitors clicking on a link from your newsletter.
Form builder auto response emails
Setup an auto response email to be sent back to visitors when they fill out a form on your site.
Multiple gift certificates and coupons
- Updated store home page
- Support for editing coupons
- Links from website to store/product management pages
- Multi currency (get estimate of price in a different currency). Requires that you add currency selection to the store sidebar component.
- Require consent checkbox during checkout. Add box with custom message that requires shoppers to check the box and agree before continuing with their checkout.
- Option to verify email address (enter 2 times) during the checkout process
Customers can now use multiple gift certificates when checking out through your website. The system will still only allow one coupon but allows gift certificates to be used with the one coupon.
- Block IP address - go to the advanced settings page to setup IP adddress blocking
- File manager support for back button to navigate file manager pages
- 2 new link paragraph components
- The tutorials page has been redesigned to make it easier to browse the available tutorials
April 12, 2009 - New Features Added
Mailing lists/user accounts
- Contact/Leads DB. Use this option to save a contact record in your user database with basic contact information when a form is submitted.
- Select which user groups contacts are added to.
- Option to register users for multiple mailing lists from a form.
- Setup multiple general signup mailing lists and use the form builder to create mailing list registration forms.
- Mailing lists auto response messages can now be enabled for all mailing lists.
- Navigation and links have been optimized to make it easier to access mailing list/user functions.
- The user group properties page now allows you to change the group name.
- Links on the users list pages to easily switch between groups.
February 5, 2009 - New Features Added
Blog Platform Enhancements:
The integrated blogging platform has been enhanced to provide for more flexibility and more advanced blogging features.
Upgraded 2.0 text editor
- New blogs styles and layouts
- Setup and manage categories for blog entries
- Blog categories and archive sections show number of posts on the sidebar link
- Set comments to display on the blog detail page or in a popup window
- Set blog sections to use site page titles or groupboxes
- New blog management page displays blog entries, number of comments and entries with pending comments
The 2.0 text editor has been upgraded. This upgrade enables text edit features for the following web browsers: Safari, Google Chrome and Opera. The 2.0 text editor has also been set as the default text editor for all non Internet Explorer web browsers.
Design : custom page banners
Support for customizing your site banner/header image on a per page basis. To use this feature edit any page and click the "header options" link. This option will allow you to upload your own custom banner for the selected page.
- New themes
- Many new system banners have been added
- New backgrounds
- New groupboxes
To help increase exposure in search engines, especially Google, the system will now automatically generate an optimized sitemaps.xml file as you make updates to your site. This file includes all your site pages, blog entries and product detail pages. The search engines use this file to easily index your site and to detect when your site content has been updated. The system also generates a default robots.txt file.
Ecommerce : enhanced product searching
- Automated google sitemaps generation
- Auto generated robots.txt file for full site indexing
The ecommerce product search has been upgraded to allow customers to filter search results by product category and product price.
Ecommerce : phone/manual order entry
Better support for phone orders and manual order entry has been added. To create orders manually go to the store manager and click the "phone orders" link in the view/process orders section.
Ecommerce : Google checkout
Support for the Google checkout gateway has been added (open beta test)
Ecommerce : Misc
- AVS/CVV results : The order details page now displays the results for the AVS/CVV match from your payment gateway. (NOTE: for results to display, this feature must be supported for your payment gateway)
- Australia post
The system media components have been upgraded.
- New integrated flash media player supports playing .flv (flash) video files as well as many other video formats
- Easily switch between the new flash media player and the standard browser plugin media player
- New option to upload videos directly to your YouTube account from your website
- Account information change notice. Anytime your account information is updated or your password is reset, you will receive a notification email.
- An option to delete user accounts has been added.
- Create categories for calendar events.
- Message board topic sorting.
- Spam filtering enhancements.
- Website settings and ecommerce settings overview pages provide an "at a glance" view of your configuration settings.
- View all domains associated with your account
- View domain status and expiration dates
- Register new domains or add an existing domain to your account
PREVIEW: advanced file uploader
- Easier file upload with one click and file selection
- Upload progress display
- Use multi select to upload multiple files at the same time with the file manager and image galleries
- To enable the advanced uploader, go to an upload form and click the link to try the advanced uploader
- If you have feedback or problems using the advanced file uploader, contact support and switch back to the default file uploader
PREVIEW: advanced page editor
- Quicker page editing with "in page" features
- Easily move components on the page without a page reload
- Overlay component editor makes it easy to access the component edit pages
- Component updates are instantly applied to your page without needing to reload the page
- Optimized component menu for adding/inserting and accessing component properties
- To enable the advanced page editor, edit any page and click the change link inside the section 1 header
- If you have feedback or problems using the advanced page editor, contact support and switch back to the default page editor
April 20, 2008 - New Features Added
Site administration access
Use the new site administration access area to setup site administration privileges for users. With the admin accounts setting you can give users access to manage email accounts, view statistics, edit pages, manage images and access store order management features. To learn more about admin accounts, go to the main admin page, click the user accounts link and then click the "Administration Access" link.
Ecommerce: Enhanced shipping configuration.
A new advanced shipping configuration module has been added to the system. The new shipping rules allow you to setup when different shipping methods apply to customer orders. You can set which shipping methods are available to customers based on location (shipping country, state, zipcode) as well as order sub total and order weight. New product specific shipping settings allow you to set which products ship in their own box, to set an alternate ship from zipcode and to specify that a product requires a specific shipping method (ex. product requires overnight shipping).
- New option has been added to let you set the site wide background and the background of the content area. You can choose from many different system backgrounds or upload your own.
- Main design page updated for quicker access to design features
- Design library updated with new designs and new design customization interface
- Color picker updated to allow for more flexibility. You can now enter the HEX color code directly into the color selection box.
- New groupbox styles have been added
- The standard image upload page lets you choose an images size and select the upload location (folder) for the image. You can also create a new folder directly from the upload form.
- Image rotation: The image tools have bene updated to allow you to roate your images.
- Photo Gallery: Several new layout modes have been added to the photo gallery. You can also rotate images from the image gallery edit page.
- Google Sitemaps: Support has been added to allow for multiple google site map keys for sites that have multiple domain names.
- File Manager: The file manager has been updated to remember the file type/show count.
- Header & Images: New display mode added to tile your custom image across the header area (fills banner area for wider layouts)
- Over 100 new shopping cart button styles have been added to the system
- New styles added for shopping cart icons (new arrival, special offer, clearance, free shipping)
Ecommerce:New payment gateways
October 18, 2007 - New Features Added
10 new templates/layouts have been added to the system. In addition, the select layout page now displays layouts based on a layout category (popular, basic, dark, all, new)
Design manager (enhanced)
The design manager has been enhanced to allow you to save all of your design settings and give each design set a unique name. You can save as many design sets as you wish and then reload the design settings through the design manager.
Text/css based menus
CSS text only menus can be enabled through the menu page in the design area. There are about 7 menu styles to choose from.
Over a hunderd new logos have been added to the logo builder.
Page properties (enhanced)
The page properties screen has been enhanced to allow for the configuration of page specific meta tags, layout selection and sidebar configuration. A new page properties button has been added to the edit bar at the top of each page. Added the option to disable left/right sidebars per page.
Text Editor 2.0 enhancements
In the style area you can now set 3 different title styles. When using the text editor you can use the styles.
- Youtube component
- Formbuilder - new form field for file upload
User accounts signup form
There is a new account signup form that includes a company field.
- fedex shipping labels
- ACH/echeck support (available by request)
- enhanced coupons (product specific coupons)
- Customer submitted product comment/review system
- Product search inside store manager
- VAT tax support
- Option to delete product images when deleting a product
- Product setup fee option
- Order mangement enhancements - multi order move in order manager
April 25, 2007 - New Features Added
The latest versions of most web browsers show a small icon in the address bar for websites and on the web page tabs. This new site builder feature lets you set the browser icon. You can either choose one of the standard icons or upload your own .ico file.
Click view site, then click the settings button. Click the button to choose an icon from the icon library or upload your own .ico file.
Visitors to your website can post comments on your blog posts. When comments are posted, you will receive an email notification. You must approve comments before they are published on your website. To enable user comments, go to the blog settings page. For each blog post, you must check the enable comments box to allow visitors to post comments..
Mailing List Enhancements
It is now easier for visitors to signup for your site mailing list. You can add a check box on any form (using the form builder) that will let a visitor add their email to your general mailing list when submitting the form. The new auto responder feature lets you setup a series of emails that will be automatically sent to your general mailing list subscribers. You can configure the emails to automatically be delivered at daily intervals.
Use the content rotator to setup a section of your web page that rotates/changes each time the page is viewed or have content that is set to display on specific dates. To enable content rotation, edit any page, click the add button and choose the content rotator from the design accents menu. Setup each of your content sections and add content.
Photo Display Components
The photo display components have been enhanced to make it easier for you to upload photos and setup photo galleries/rotators. The new photo components support upload of multiple files and automatic gallery generation. You specify gallery settings (image sizes, layout, style and other properties) and the system will generate all the image files for the gallery.
Place interactive Google maps on your site using the Google maps component. To use the component you must first obtain a map key from Google. NOTE: Currently the Google maps component is only supported for a single domain. If your site has multiple domain names then you can only have the map display on one of your domains.
Text & Styles
We have reorganized some of the links on the design area and provided new options for customizing your text. The new "Text & Styles" area of the design manager includes links for setting up your page titles, group boxes, shopping cart as well as layout settings. NEW: You can now set your default style for your site text, site headings and links. This includes the font name, size, color and style attributes such as bold, italic and underline.
Edit your site, click the design button, then click the "text & styles" link.
Custom Font Names
The standard text editor has been updated to allow you to specify your own font names for styling text. Your font names will appear in the font drop down selection list for the text editor, page titles and group boxes. IMPORTANT: If visitors to your site do not have a font installed on their computer, they will not be able to see the text in that font (text will be displayed in the default font for their browser)
Edit your site, click the settings button, then click the "Editor Settings" link on the left side of the page.
User Account Import/Export
Export your user list and create/update user accounts by uploading a user import file. Use the import to set user account information and specify which user groups the account should be in.
Click the admin tab, then click the user accounts link. Click either the import or export link.
Page Name Format (dashes)
Configure how spaces are handled in page names. To set the page urls, you can choose to have spaces replaced with either a "-" dash or a "_" underscore. To set the page name, view your site, click the settings button and then click the "editor settings" link. This setting only applies to newly created pages. Existing pages will not be changed.
Edit your site, click the settings button, then click the "Editor Settings" link on the left side of the page.
Ex. "Contact_Us" or "Contact-Us"
User FTP Accounts
If you need to have a place to exchange files with customers, you can enable the User based FTP accounts option. When this option is enabled, customers can login to an FTP account on your site and transfer files. To enable user based FTP accounts, click the "user account settings" link and check the "Enable FTP access for user accounts" box.
Enhanced to allow message board posts to include formatted text.
Sitemaps.org (Google sitemaps)
Many of the top search engines now allow you to provide them with a sitemap of all the pages on your site. Having a sitemap does not increase your search rankings, but it does help the search engines index your site. You can also view additional information about your site through the search engine tools when using a sitemap. To learn more, edit your site. Click the settings link and then click the "search engines" link.
File Upload Utility - Preview
Use the File Upload Utility to view a list of files on your website, transfer large files (larger than 20mb) and to upload multiple files at the same time. The File Upload Utility is a java application that you can run from the site builder. A link to the file upload utility is available from the file manager and the image gallery components. Requirements: you must have Java Version 5 or greater installed. You can download the latest version of Java by going to http://www.java.com.
To enable the wish list feature, go to the store manager page. Click the shopping cart settings link and check the "Wish list/gift registry" box. With the wish list feature your site users can add any product on your site to their wishlists. Users can use the wishlist to save the items for purchase at a later date or they can give their email addresses to friends/family to purchase items off of the list. This feature can also be used as a gift registry. Users can setup an account, add items to their list and specify how many of a each item they would like. The system tracks purchases and will remove items from the wish list once all the requested quantities have been purchased.
To enable wishlists, go to the store manager, click shopping cart settings and check the "Wish list/Gift Registry" option.
Ecommerce: Generate U.S.P.S. shipping labels
On the order management pages you can click an option to generate a printable U.S.P.S. shipping label for your order. To print labels you must have a U.S.P.S. Web tools account and contact U.S.P.S to enable your account for production delivery confirmation and express mail labels. You must add your own postage fees to the shipping labels.
Ecommerce: Copy Product
It is now easier to setup a large number of products that have similar descriptions/options. Once you setup a product you can use the "copy this product" button to create a copy of a product. You can then edit the copied product entry and make any necessary modifications.
Ecommerce: Payment Gateways
HSBC, Pay Trace, Sterling Payment, PayJunction
- Google Base export for products
- Product link generator (generates link with tracking code)
- Ecommerce shipping flat rate by weight
- Added product cost field to the product import/export - will be used for future reports
- New checkout option to use either a state drop down selection list or text entry field
- Customize the "Coupon/Gift Certificate" label
- Removed "no products in category" message when viewing an empty category page
- FEDEX package tracking
- Added select page button to user account configuration page for selecting the login and welcome pages
- Fixed link editor to allow use of either full link name. ex "http://www.linkname.com" or just "www.linkname.com"
- Account login component - added option to enable a create account link below the login component
- Billing history - added link for a printable version of the page
September 23, 2006 - New Features Added
- Added new site sidebar area above the page sidebars.
- New tutorials
- New all users view and user account search
- New ecommerce reports - select report period (day, week, month, year and custom ranges). Bar graphs and pie charts have been added to many reports.
- Sales by product
- Sales by customer
- Sales by payment type
- Cart analysis
- Search phrases/keywords
- Low inventory
- Multi order complete fuction
- Added customer id and package tracking information to export
- Added product cost, keywords and description field to advanced product setup page
- Shipping - residential/commercial
- Shipping - enable insurance purchases
- Payment Gateway: eway.com.au
August 12, 2006 - New Features Added
- New banners (sports, business, realestate, city life, food, politics, education, legal, medical, travel)
Enhanced text editor
[not enabled by default: see system update notice on main admin page for more information]
- Selected font/settings display. Shows the current font, size and style of the selected text
- Page anchors
- Paste plain text, past from MS Word (fixes html)
- New link selector with support for popup windows
- Integrated with standard image selection/upload page
- Full screen editing mode
- Find/Search replace
No design - blank/intro page
- Switch any page to a no design page
- Set page width/margins, background color and enter site text
- Enable sidebars
Enhanced file manager
- Easier navigation and faster loading
- Sort by filename, size, date
- Search for files using the name filter
- View preview images
- Select number of files to view per page
- New media directory for organizing your audio/video files
Enhanced link builder
- Easily setup links to other websites, secure sites, pages on your site
- Link to files on your site
- Create links to popup windows
July 12, 2006 - New Features Added
- Blog page. To add a blog to your site, click the add page button and select the Blog page type.
- Add page. When creating a page you can select checkboxes to set it to underconstruction and enable page security (requires the password protected pages upgrade).
- Message board. Message board now utilizes image confirmation to prevent automated message posting.
When using password protected pages and the message board, the message board will automatically fill in the customers email address.
- Six layouts added..
- New banners added.
Mailing List enhancements
- multiple mailing lists (general/account based)
- registered users can select which mailing lists to join
- history - view mailing list history
- mailing list templates (choose a template, make your own/save it to use again)
- status: view job status (pending or percentage complete if currently sending)
- Enhanced coupon support. Set the total use count for each coupon and how many times it can be used by each customer.
- Enhanced order archive management. Orders are organized by month/year.
- Subscription system. Customers who have purchased subscriptions to your website can now login to their account and update their billing information online.
Donation based subscriptions are now available. The customer enters in how much they want the recurring charge to be.
May 1, 2006 - New Features Added
- New Templates/Layouts
Six new design layouts have been added to the system. To see the new layouts, edit your site, click the design button and choose the "site layout" link.
- PayPal Payments Pro
Support added for the PayPal Payments Pro service. Integrate your store shopping cart with PayPal Payments Pro. The PayPal Pro payment service allows customers to choose to have an integrated checkout experience at your website or to go directly to PayPal to purchaes products/services from your website. PayPal Pro requires that you have a properly configured PayPal business account.
To enable PayPal Payments Pro, go to the store manager, click the "Payment methods/merchant account" link and choose "PayPal Payments Pro" from the list of avaiable gateways on the right side of the page. Click the set button.
- Product detail layout
New product detail layout added. The item price, options and add to cart buttons are shown at the top of the product page to the right of the product image.
- Subscription/recurring charge system
Create subscription based store products that will charge customers on a recurring basis for access to your website or services.
February 10, 2006 - New Features Added
- Updated editor text/font styles
- Enhanced navigation menu for site settings and ecommerce
- New community connection and news area. The community connection contains current news, updates as well as a feedback/suggestion system.
- Minor modifications to the look of the page editor
- Reorganized the links in the setting area. New sections include (title/footer, search engines, site search, user account settings, referral booster, and advanced/HTML)
- Quicklinks Bar: The quick links bar can be enabled from the page list. Use the Quicklinks bar add additional navigation and information at the top of every page on your site. Options include (link to home page, my account link, search box, shopping cart, custom links and custom html)
- New Templates
- Customizable banner height and width (non flash banners)
- Banner transitions: Set how the right side of the banner blends into the design and fills the right side of the banner area.
User accounts for ecommerce/password protected pages:
- New users account setup page: go to site settings, click user accounts from the menu on the left.
- New option for visitors to create their own accounts on your site (can be set to require a passcode to authorize new accounts).
- Login/Registration page: By default visitors are taken to the "my account" page when they login or register with your site. Use this new option to set a welcome page for new users and a default page when users login.
- RSS feeds: Place RSS feeds on your site. RSS feeds link to other sites with current articles/news.
- Link component: New option to setup custom link types and to select https:// links.
- Media components: There are now 2 separate components for media files (Audio and Video)
- Search box customizations. Use new settings to customize the size/style of the search box.
- Guestbook now uses security code to prevent automated robot submissions
- New option to show all the ecommerce product categories.
- Advanced inventory tracking: Use advanced inventory tracking to track inventory at the product option level.
- Auto saved shopping cart: The new cart system automatically saves a visitors shopping cart so that it is restored when they return. Users can also create or login to their account to save their shopping carts.
- Option to hide products with 0 Inventory.
- SiteLink QuickBooks import program: Download the SiteLink program to import store orders directly into QuickBooks
- Print shipping labels
- Print invoices and orders - print button added to invoice
- New ecommerce reports (coupon usage, tracking code)
- Optimized order management navigation: Easier to manage and process orders.
- Order options: setting to make product option fields required.
- Google site maps support: The system has been updated to return 404 error page for google sitemaps. This allows you to verify your site through their system.
October 1, 2005 - New Features Added
- Group box enhancements: add icons to group box titles and new group box styles.
- Advanced layout settings: go to "Design", "advanced layout settings" to adjust your site spacing.
- Side bars: All layouts now have 2 side bars on the left and right side of the page.
- Tabbed group box: Edit a page, Add, Design Accents, Tabbed Content.
- Form verification code: enable option to require a code displayed in an image to be entered before a form is submitted. This can help prevent spam/automated form submissions. To enable this option, edit the form and "Enable form security".
- Subscription services/recurring billing beta test: contact support for more information.
- Time display for orders: Set your default time zone and date display. Go to "Store", "General Settings" to set your default time zone.
- Add products to multiple categories: edit a product and click the "Choose product categories" link on the product.
- Add a charge: This option lets you add an additional charge onto an order through your payment gateway. To add a charge, go to the customer order and click the "Add Charge" button.
- Customization/international settings: customize shopping cart field names and set the default country. Go to "Store", "Customization/international settings"
November 6, 2005 - New support option available.
A support forum is now available to post questions, comments, etc. regarding how to use our software, setup email, and other topics. Forum is located here - www.ebizwebpages.com/main/support_forum
August 17, 2005 - New Features Added
- New logo styles
- New banners
- New bullet menu styles with customizeable bullet icons
- Links list: new style to show links in a drop down list format.
- Shopper account login. Shoppers can login and view account information and order status/history
- Product/category reorder options (sort alpha, move to top, move to bottom....)
- Account login form. For accounts with password protected pages, add a login form to any page.
June 18, 2005 - New Features Added
- New logo styles
- New Banners
- New group box styles
- New page title styles with customizable icons and support for 2 colors of title text
- Advanced image upload: use the advanced image upload feature to upload images to a specific directory and to automatically size the image/create thumbnails when uploading.
- Image file manager: Quickly find and manage images.
- Show images names, preview images, or full images
- Sort image list by name, size, or date
- Select number of files to display per page
- Displays the image dimensions
- Alpha view - choose a letter to show all images that start with that letter. Ex. click "b" to show all images that start with the letter "b".
- Create directories
- Image gallery: new option to upload the detail image and create the thumbnail at the same time.
Image tools/resize options:
- Dynamic resize: set the width/height or use drag/drop to scale your images.
- Quick resize: setup common image sizes to quickly resize images to common sizes.
- Crop image
- Thumbnail generator: easily create thumbnail images
- Page group links component: use the page menu component to setup links list/menus for page groups and ecommerce.
- New page layouts with section dividers
- Copy page: click the copy page button to create a copy of an existing page on your site.
- Froogle export: added text description and product category to export
- Additional export options: added shopping.com and yahoo shopping export formats
- Enhanced product search: added sorting options and display types. To enable the new search options the search index needs to be rebuilt.
March 4, 2005 - New Features Added
- New banners, designs, and logo styles
- Most designs now support the site/page side bar
- Additional site/page side bar added to many designs so those designs will now have 2 site/page sidebars
- Use FTP to upload your own HTML pages
- Integration - your HTML pages will now appear in your page list - HTML pages can be linked into your site menu - pages can be set to have your HTML integrated directly into your site design.
- New group box style & setting to set fixed height group boxes with scrolling content
- Added option to show the main menu and sub menus with uppercase letters. These options can be enabled from the menu setup page in the design area
- Quick component move: to quickly move a component to any section on your page, edit your page, click the small green down arrow next to the component and then click the move component link.
- Document link component
- Support for Switch cards
- New payment gateways - ProTX, ViaKlix, PriMerchants, BeanStream, SecPay
- Enhanced PayPal support - now uses IPN (Instant Payment Notification) to verify when payment is received for a PayPal order
- WorldPay support has been enhanced to complete the customer's order when the customer completes their checkout at WorldPay
- Added advanced product settings page with a new option to only show the products sale price when it is added to the shopping cart
- Added inventory option to show the remaining inventory levels in the product catalog. The product catalog will show out of stock when the inventory level reaches zero. This setting can be enabled from the shopping cart settings page in the inventory control section.
- Notes field added to order details. On the order detail page click the notes button to add a note to your order. This note is not visible to the customer.
- Password protection and security features upgraded to allow for more login accounts and user groups. Security now allows for you to set page access levels per group/user account
October 25, 2004 - New Features Added
- GroupBox Styles - enhanced the group box enable group box styles. Go the the design page/settings to setup group box styles.
- Upload your own logo in the site banner
- Design accents - created new design section for title & group box styles.
- Design page - changed label of the settings link to settings & page width.
- Added "Design accents" to the add menu when editing a page - contains the page title and groupbox components
- Site menu: Open to set menu to uppercase.
- Upsell & related products - choose related/upsell product to appear on the product detail and shopping cart pages.
- Product images - add more product images. Add additional product images, text captions and larger detail images.
- Renamed the add page menu item from "Store products" to "Ecommerce"
- Customized form - add customized form field to the shopping cart checkout process.
- Option to estimate shipping charges before checkout - from the shopping cart view.
- Vertical Scroller: use the vertical sroller to setup a scrolling paragraph of text and images.
- Enhanced message board - graphical and layout enhancments to the message board.